This post was last updated on February 20th, 2019
The first time you see a penis stretcher device, you are probably going to cringe in horror. To some guys, these things look like medieval torture implements.
Don’t worry—they are not painful to use. They just look intimidating.
We are not talking about penis extension sleeves either.
Those are temporary and you simply slide them over your member. More like a sex toy versus something that can increase penis length for real.
The purpose of a penis extender should be pretty obvious—you use it to increase the length of your penis over an extended time period.
Note that most penis extenders do not increase girth (you need a vacuum pump or hybrid device for that- we recommend the Phallosan if girth is your main goal).
You need to wear a penis stretcher for an hour or more each day for a period of months before you see any significant gains.
If you do this with persistence though, you can add on an inch or two to your length. Our experiments showed a direct correlation with duration of wear each day and increased cell division and thus faster growth. That doesn’t mean to wear it for 24 hours a day, you have to be sensible. If you can do 2.5 to 4 hours each day, that is the sweet spot for effective penis growth and increased blood flow.
And unlike the gains you get with a penis pump or vacuum extenders, these gains are permanent.
There are two basic parts to a penis extender device:
- Elongation Bars or rods
- Fastening points
There are two fastening points on a penis extender. When you place the extender over your penis, the first fastens around the base of your penis, and the other fastens just ahead of the glans.
Along the side are rods which adjust the extender’s length over time. From one extender to the next, there are some differences in the mechanics of how this works. Some extenders are also a lot more comfortable than others to wear—and that is super important, since you will be wearing the extender daily for months.
How Does Penis Stretching Work?
The specific instructions may vary from penile traction device to device, so be sure to read the directions which come with your penis stretcher thoroughly before you get started.
That said, most penis traction devices work like this:
- Start out by prepping. One helpful tip is to do some jelqing (I’ll explain that in a little bit) to warm up. This will help to prevent injury and give you some extra traction (injuring yourself is unlikely, but you can never be too careful with your member). Then you may want to wrap a piece of gauze around your frenulum so that the extender won’t chafe against it (you may find this is unnecessary; it depends on the extender you buy as well as your comfort level).
- Insert your penis into the stretcher, and then secure the fastening points. While you should be fastening the device just above the glans, make sure that you are comfortable. You can add a tad more space if you need to between the glans and the fastening point.
- Finish tightening and securing the device. Ensure that you have a fit which is firm, but not constricting.
- Next, you will need to adjust the tension rods. Make sure you are exerting gentle tension. If you overdo it, you will risk injury, just as you would if you were stretching any other part of your body while working out. This is penis traction at work and don’t take traction systems lightly. They work and will increase the size of your penis but it does not happen overnight. Slow and steady wins.
- Consider applying heat. Some guys say this gets them great results by helping with cell division. Personally, I find at the very least it can increase comfort, reduce soreness and improve penis extender safety overall.
- Find something to do. You need to wear the extender for at least an hour a day. You can wear it for several, if you prefer. During this time, just go about your day. Watch TV, work, or do something else that is not too active. You can walk around with the extender on, but obviously you want to keep movement to a minimum so you don’t loosen the device or the traction force.
This sounds too easy, do these devices really give your size permanent results?
I can answer this question in two words: Heck yes!
This Is The Goal.But not all of them are created equally. I wasted close to $500 before I got the right device. Unlike most so-called “male enhancement” solutions on the market, penis extenders are doctor recommended, medically certified and backed by multiple scientific studies.
- In this study, participants wore a penis extender for four hours a day for a period of six months. In the results, the researchers state, “After 6 months, the mean gain in length was significant,” and conclude, “Penile extenders should be regarded as a minimally invasive and effective treatment option to elongate the penile shaft.”
- In another study, participants wore a hybrid penis enlarger stretcher device for 4-6 hours per day for two weeks and then 9 hours per day after that through the end of a three month period. The researchers concluded that the study “supported the efficacy of the device in increasing penile length.” Interestingly enough, these researchers also said that the results “suggested the possibility of glans penis girth enhancement using a penile extender.”
- Penis extenders not only can help to increase length, but also correct Peyronie’s disease, where the penis has an unusual curvature. One study found that participants were satisfied with the penis traction treatment, which provided minimal curvature improvements while also adding length.
So the science is definitely there. In fact, doctors sometimes recommend penis extenders to their patients instead of surgery or other invasive treatments.
Not only did researchers in the studies above find that penis extenders worked, but they also discovered that patients tolerated them well and that they were safe to use for both flaccid length and erect length and girth.
Note that for a penis stretcher to work, you must buy a quality product and you must use it correctly. You must be willing to stick with it over a period of months for real penis length gains. Every guy I’ve met who tried a penis extender and didn’t get results was either using a crappy product or gave up way too early. Don’t do that to yourself or your money. When you are buying a penis extender, look for clinical studies and choose a product that comes with a satisfaction guarantee. There are at least 3 clinically proven, comfortable to wear, extenders / stretchers available to order that offer money back guarantees.
How Much Do They Cost?
You’ve finally decided to take the plunge and buy a penis enlargement device. But can you afford one?
You may be surprised when you find out just how expensive penis extenders can be. But you really shouldn’t worry too much about the cost, and I am going to explain why. But first, let’s look at the price range you can expect.
The Typical Price Range
At the lower end of the market, you will find some devices tend to start out around $100—sometimes a little bit less. At the higher end, you can find models which cost more than $350. The majority of extenders fall somewhere in between.
At this point, you might be thinking, “Whoa, I am not even sure this is going to work … do I really want to spend $300 or more on a penis extender? That seems like a major outlay.”
There are two reasons why I think you shouldn’t worry about it. First of all, the best penis extenders are backed by 100% money back guarantees—so you are not really taking that much of a risk.
Secondly, a penis extender is a long-term purchase with permanent results. You will get months of use out of your extender, and a lifetime of value. Penis stretching is backed up by real scientific research. Used properly, they can deliver awesome results. So the cost is completely justified if you are serious about growing the size of your penis.
Does It Matter Which Device I Use?
Yes & No. Get The Best Penis Extender Your Budget Allows.
You might run into guys who say it doesn’t matter which extender you use, because the basic principles of how they work do not change from one model to the next.
While most penis enlargement devices do fundamentally operate in the same way, that does not mean that they are all equal in terms of quality. It does matter which extender you use. You get what you pay for, and the cheapest extenders cut corners in terms of comfort, ease-of-use, and more.
What You Should Be Looking For in a High Quality Penis Extender
When you are shopping for a penis extender, here are the features you should be on the lookout for:
- Quality, durable design. You do not want to spend $100 on a model which is just going to break after a few months of use—that would be a waste of money. It is worth it to spend a bit more to make sure that you are getting a model you can use forever.
- Length + girth. This is not a must, but if you want to boost both length and girth, you need to shop for an extender which makes this possible. Right now, the only extender on the market I know of which increases girth is the PHALLOSAN® forte. PHALLOSAN® forte isn’t cheap, but it is delivering double the value since it can give you these important gains.
- Spare parts. There may be times when you need spare parts for your extender. Make sure that you are buying from a company that sells them separately and at a reasonable price. This is another thing I like about our top rated penis extenders. If you need parts or accessories, they have them and are readily available.
- Comfort. You are going to be wearing your penis extender a lot —up to 8 hours a day. If you get a cheap extender which is uncomfortable to wear, you are going to regret it, and you might even give up on using it. So buy one which includes features for comfortable wear. I recommend SizeGenetics, which comes with a comfort pad and strap as well as the 58-Way Ultimate Comfort System (make sure to select the SizeGenetics Comfort Package or Ultimate System at checkout). This extender is so comfortable I sometimes forgot I had it on!
- Adjustability. You also should buy an extender which is adjustable so that you can keep making use of it as your penis size increases. Here again I recommend the SizeGenetics Comfort Package or Ultimate System, which includes 3 sizes of elongation bars.
- Useful extras. The more expensive penis extenders on the market usually include some freebies with your purchase. These might include moisturizers and powders, eBooks, DVDs, cleaning wipes, travel cases and so on. These can really enhance the value of your purchase when you are just getting started.
- Money back guarantee. Finally, not all dick extenders include a money back guarantee. This is an important feature, and worth paying a little extra for instead of just hunting for the lowest penis extender cost. A company that stands behind its product is one which is focused on customer satisfaction.
As you can see, there actually is quite a bit more variation between penis extenders than you might have thought. There is a huge difference between a $100 extender that is cheaply made, has no guarantee, and comes with no extras and a $300 extender which is durable, comfortable, backed by a guarantee, and includes amazing freebies.
You are paying more for a $300 extender, but if you select the right product, you are also getting more for your money. That means your dollar is stretching further, which is exactly what you want.
Conclusion: Focus on Value, Not Cost.
You now are familiar with the price range you will encounter while shopping for penis extenders, and you have a better idea what kinds of features and benefits you can expect across that range.
I have investigated both the cheapest and most expensive penis extenders. I suggest reading my reviews for more insights into cost, value and quality. If you want to skip right to the good stuff, my two top recommendations are SizeGenetics and PHALLOSAN® Forte.
These are neither the cheapest nor the most expensive penis extenders out there, but based on their features and my experiences, I can say without a doubt that they deliver an unbeatable value and are the biggest bang for your buck.