There are a lot of methods for increasing penis size which don’t work at all.
Fortunately, there are also a few that work surprising well and one of the best methods are penis exercises.
What Are Penis Exercises?
Penis exercises offer a safe, easy, natural way to increase the size of your penis at home. Unlike a lot of other methods out there, they do not require you to invest in any expensive devices, pills or creams—and the results are permanent.
As with any other exercises you might perform with other parts of your body, penis exercises are designed to help you strengthen your member while increasing flexibility.
How do they work?
In theory, they result in micro-tears which your body needs to repair by generating new cells. This is the same process which helps you to bulk out when you work out in the gym—and it can also help you to increase the length and girth of your penis.
While the term “micro-tear” may sound a bit intimidating, don’t forget that this is an experience you have had time and time again in your regular workouts without even noticing it.
Note that your penis is not made out of the same type of muscle as your biceps—but it is comprised 50% of a different kind of muscle which is referred to as “smooth muscle tissue”.
So long as you are exercising your penis correctly, you should not experience any kind of severe pain—just as you would not expect to in the gym.
Penis exercises take diligence and long-term commitment to deliver impressive results, but they are economical and can make a huge (literally) difference.
Oh, and did I mention there is another benefit? Not only does exercising your penis increase its size, but it also helps you get and maintain an erection. The erections you get after exercising your penis will also be harder and fuller than those you experience now.
Do Penises Exercises Work?
“But wait … this sounds too good to be true. Is it?”
I hear you. I started this site after a long and frustrating ordeal of trying to find penis enlargement methods which really worked. I did months of research to try and figure out how to get a bigger penis, and you know what? The majority of the so-called “techniques” I found were worthless.
That includes most of the pills, creams, sprays and devices I used.
It also includes some of the exercises I researched. Not all penis exercises are effective—especially if what you’ve encountered are bad instructions for something that would work if it were done properly. There is a lot of misinformation out there, some of it dangerous.
But for those exercises which are safe and do yield results, they are totally worth your time and effort.
So yes, penis exercises can definitely increase the size of your penis, but only if you are choosing exercises which are effective. You also need to make sure you are doing them properly and that you are committed to following through over a long time period. I am talking about months, not weeks.
Just as it takes time to bulk out in the gym, it takes time to increase the length and girth of your penis.
What Types Of Exercises Work?
So which types of penile exercises can actually give you the results you are looking for—without risking injury to your member?
Jelqing is a great and logical starting point. It was one of the first penis exercises I learned, and it is one of the ones I have used most consistently. It is safe, easy, and it has a ridiculously long history—guys have been doing this since practically the dawn of time.
A lot of guys who jelq and do literally nothing else report gains as high as 1.5-2 inches. That includes increases in length and girth.
Here are the steps:
- Begin by applying some lube. This makes it less likely that you will injure yourself doing this exercise. I recommend choosing a healthy oil which is all-natural.
- Work your way up to a partial erection of about 50-75%.
- Next, use your thumb and index finger to make an “OK” sign.
- Make that grip around the base of your penis. Move your hand up slowly toward your glans, applying light pressure as you do so. Just before you reach it, stop.
- Return to the base and do the same motion again.
- Repeat for about 10 minutes.
I know that sounds pretty basic, but it really is that simple!
Because this exercise is so easy, it is the perfect choice for a beginner. No equipment is required, and it is pretty hard to mess this one up. To get effective results, you need to do it regularly over an extended period of time. I recommend at least several times a week for six months or more.
Why not daily? Just as you would give other muscle groups time to rest and recover between workouts at the gym, you need to do the same to optimize the growth and repair process that extends the length of your penis.
Doing bench presses everyday for your pecs would simply lead to injury. That same logic applies to your penis too.
- Pelvic Floor Muscle Exercises
There are a group of muscles which comprise the pelvic floor. One of them is the Pubococcygeus muscle, also known as the “PC muscle.”
Working out your PC muscle is a great way to boost the size of your erections. By squeezing it, you can push more blood into your member. The stronger it is, the easier it is to do this.
Additionally, the PC muscle is responsible for pushing out semen. So the stronger it is, the more intense your ejaculations and orgasms can be.
The more control you have over it, the more control you have over your orgasms as well. So if you suffer from PE, pelvic floor muscles are a great option for treating it safely and naturally.
The exercise you use to do this is essentially a Kegel for men.
Sometimes it is referred to as a “PC clench.”
The easiest way to locate the Pubococcygeus muscle is by urinating. While you are standing over the urinal or sitting on the toilet, try to stop urinating in mid-stream. If you can do this, you can do a Kegel. The muscle you use to stop the flow of urine is the Pubococcygeus.
Practice this a few times while urinating to get a feel for it. From that point, it should be pretty easy to do it even when you are not urinating.
Technically you can do a Kegel anywhere without anyone noticing.
But to do the PC clench for male enhancement, you will want to be in private because you will need to work up to a full erection first. Once you have an erection, just squeeze the PC muscle. This should result in an increase in blood flow to your penis as well as an upward leap in angle. Hold it for 3-5 seconds, and then let it go.
Repeat this a bunch of times—around 50 is good for a beginner. Eventually you can double that.
While you will get the fullest advantage (pun intended) doing male Kegels with a full erection, you can still derive some benefit from doing these even when you are flaccid. So this gives you something to do while sitting in traffic.
PC clench exercises are extremely safe and easy, and thus are ideal for beginners.
- Stretching Exercises
Next there is an entire category of exercises which fall under the stretching category. Some of these include:
- The basic stretch
- The A stretch and assisted a-stretch
- The erect stretch
- The internal stretch
- The ruler stretch
- The slow crank stretch
And so on. This is also the category where we get into weights and hangers (we do not recommend this at all). Note that some of these stretches may have several names.
Here are a couple of examples of penis stretching.
The Basic Stretch (beginners)
As the name indicates, this is a very simple stretch which is perfect if you are just starting out.
- Grip your penis just behind the head.
- Gently pull down on your member. Hold it for 30 seconds and release.
- Next, pull your penis to the right. Hold it for 30 seconds and release.
- Pull your penis to the left. Hold it for 30 seconds, then release.
- Pull your penis upward. Hold it for 30 seconds, then let go.
- Pull your penis directly outward. Hold that stretch for 30 seconds then release.
Make sure you are pulling hard enough that you are actually stretching, but not so hard that you are likely to cause damage.
You might feel a bit of fatigue, tingling, or even itching. A slight burn (like a muscle burn) is also normal. But if there is any actual pain, stop what you are doing, as you are doing it wrong.
The Erect Stretch (intermediate to advanced)
This stretch is a simple variation on the one above, which is performed with a flaccid penis. This one is instead performed on an erect penis.
- Grip your penis around one inch under the glans.
- Stretch your penis outward gently. Be very careful not to stretch too hard.
- Hold the stretch for 15-20 seconds, then release it.
- Stretch your penis downward gently, hold for 15-20 seconds, and release.
- Stretch your penis to the left, hold for 15-20 seconds, then release.
- Stretch your penis to the right, hold the stretch for 15-20 seconds, and release.
- Stretch your penis up, hold for 15-20 seconds, then release.
Stretching exercises can work very well, but you need to be extra careful with them. It is much easier to injure yourself stretching than doing a Kegel or a basic jelp movement.
What about weights and hangers?
Weights and hangers definitely impose more risk than stretching manually, but there are a lot of guys who manage to use them safely.
Of course, that is only true when the device being used is also one which is rated as safe.
If you try using weights or hangers, make sure you observe the following:
- Start out with smaller weights and work your way up gradually to be safe.
- Make sure you warm up before you use weights and hangers.
- It’s a good idea to jelq afterward to restore full circulation.
- As with other exercises, you need rest days.
- If you feel any pain, stop what you are doing immediately and take time to recover before you try again.
I do not recommend weights if you are a beginner with penis exercises. Once you are at the intermediate or advanced stage, it is something you can consider. By then, you should have a much better feel for what you need to do to take care of yourself and avoid injury.
- Compression and Expansion Exercises
While learning about how to exercise your penis, there is one more category you will learn about, called “compression and expansion.” As with penis stretching, penis compression is something you can do at home right now without buying any equipment. The goal with these exercises is to compress one part of your member, which leads to an expansion in another area, boosting girth.
Let’s check out a couple of examples.
The Flaccid Bend
The flaccid bend is actually performed with an erection at about 50%, but (as the name implies) never a full erection. It is an excellent option if you are just starting out.
- Start by gripping your penis with one hand just under the glans.
- Next, use your other hand to reach under your penis. Rest your penis on two, three or four fingers.
- Use the hand which is gripping the penis below the glans to bend it over the fingers of your other hand. Hold it for about half a minute.
You can then do the entire thing again in each direction. So by the time you are done, you will have stretched up, right and left as well as down.
Perform this one at a 90% erection, but not a full erection.
- With one hand, form an OK grip, and place it at the base of your member.
- Use an overhand grip with the other hand to hold the end of your penis. Covering the glans is fine, but don’t press on it.
- Now, push your hands toward each other. Do not overdo it—a slight compression is all you need here.
- Now, use the hand which is gripping the end of your penis to gently move your penis from side to side.
This exercise is more advanced than the other one, so start out with the Flaccid Bend before advancing to the Compressor.
How to Get Started with Penis Exercises
Hopefully after reading through the examples above, you already have a pretty good idea what you need to do in order to get started with penis exercises.
Here are my specific suggestions:
- Pay attention to whether exercises are recommended for beginners or experienced exercisers. As a beginner, you should get started with penis stretches which are suitable for a novice level. You also can begin with pelvic floor muscle exercises.
- Buy some lube before you get started. This will make exercising safer and more comfortable.
- Do not perform a million reps when you are starting out. Start small.
- Make sure you are getting your instructions from trustworthy sources. Not everyone knows what they are talking about, and sadly there are some unsafe instructions out there.
- Give yourself a few weeks to really get each exercise down. Just as it takes some time and effort to get the right technique down for any other type of exercise, that goes for penis stretching and compression exercises as well.
Even if all you do are one or two different exercises several times a week, you will be on your way to increasing your length and girth. I recommend you do only what you can commit to, even if that doesn’t mean doing a dozen reps of a dozen different penis stretches. The most important thing is being able to stick with this over the long term.
- When stretching your penis, do not actually grab it by the head at any point.
- As a beginner, you should only initially stretch when you are fully flaccid. You can then work up to a partial erection and stretch. Why? You are more likely to injure yourself if you are erect and you get it wrong, so you need to make sure you have learned to stretch properly before you try it.
- Apply heat before your exercises. This will make injury less likely.
- If at any time you feel pain, STOP what you are doing immediately.
Advanced Tips & Tricks
- Need a firmer grip? Apply some baby powder or use a handkerchief.
- If you notice some red dots when you are jelqing, don’t panic—this is common and nothing to worry about. If however there is significant bruising, wait for your penis to heal before you try again. You probably overdid it.
- Keep logs, but do not measure obsessively. Logs will help you objectively track your progress—but if you are constantly checking, you will probably be discouraged by how slow the process is.
- Keep your goals realistic. You may be able to add a couple of inches, but it is going to take you months (probably more like a year). And no, you are not going to go from four inches to ten. Some guys do get big gains, but for most, the results are a lot more moderate.
- Make a commitment. You are not going to get an overnight change in your life. You need to commit to doing this religiously several times a week for months to see results.
Q: Can I increase both length and girth with penis exercises?
A: Yes! That is one of the great things about penis exercises. This is one of the few methods you can use to boost both length and girth. Most other techniques only improve one aspect or the other.
Q: Will my gains be permanent?
A: Generally, yes. Some guys do notice a slight loss of results if they stop exercising abruptly, but if you gradually stop stretching, you should be able to keep most or all of your gains permanently.
Q: What are the risks of exercising your penis?
A: You might injure yourself, which can cause pain and a loss of function. This will not happen if you are exercising properly.
Q: How can I be sure I’m doing it right?
A: If you are not feeling pain and you are following instructions from a reliable source, you are probably just fine. When you start seeing results, you will know for sure. If you do feel pain, you are definitely doing it wrong and need to correct your technique.
Is There an Easier Way to Increase Penis Size?
All of this may leave you wondering whether there is an easier way to increase penis size. The good news here is that I can tell you definitively that yes, there is.
What I recommend is a high-quality penis stretcher. This is a device you can wear under your clothes which exerts a safe, gentle stretch on your penis. If you wear it a few hours a day over a period of months, you will get the same kind of length increases you would get with the stretches I have mentioned.
Actually, you can get the best results if you combine manual penile stretches with a penis extender!
Jelqing is the perfect way to warm up before putting on the extender, and can enhance your results.
You can check out reviews for penis extenders here on the site.
- Best For